In the last 10 years, the way audiences consume content has changed significantly. Timeshifting and commercial skipping are a part of life. Even worse for advertisers, people are cutting cords to search the web and interact with content on their own. That content has changed as well. Consumers want their stories in bit-sized chunks. They want rich media such as video. And they expect it all to be delivered when they want and how they choose.
Fortunately, it’s easy to keep up with this changing landscape when you invest in cutting-edge forms of content, such as video marketing. In today’s fast-paced world, video marketing is one of the few types of online material that provides the value, relevance and flexibility consumers need, all while catering to the on-the-go lifestyle they want.
Video Marketing By The Numbers
Not convinced video marketing is the way of the future? Here are a few statistics to help you understand exactly how popular video marketing has become in recent years, according to news shared by HubSpot:
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post
Reasons To Use Video Marketing
As one of the fastest-growing and most in-demand forms of marketing out there, video marketing stands out as one thing all marketers should be using right now. Here are just some of the benefits of video marketing:
- Video content promotes the brand. A recent study states that 80% of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month according to HubSpot.
- Video marketing boosts your web site's SEO. Sixty-five percent of business decision-makers visit a marketer’s website after viewing a branded video.
- Video content performs well on all devices. Video content is fit for consumption on all devices, ranging from computers to mobile phones.
- Video marketing strengthens your brand message. Through design, branding and tailored content, video marketing provides the perfect tool to let your customers know who you are.
- Video content goes viral. An estimated 92% of people who consume mobile videos share them with other people. That's a higher share rate than many other types of content out there.
Today, video marketing is the best way to create content that's personal and has a real impact on your audience. Consumers want to feel good about their choice, and video marketing, when done correctly, is the best way to create this feeling.